Re: [Monotone-devel] Can monotone import RCS files

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Can monotone import RCS files
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 18:02:11 -0800

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 07:40:34PM -0600, Glen Ditchfield wrote:
> Can monotone import RCS (not CVS) files?
>
> I have a working directory containing a subdirectory "cv", which contains an
> RCS file "cv.tex,v".  I'd like to import it into the monotone database.
> "monotone rcs_import" (doesn't seem to do anything:

Yes, rcs_import is a pure debugging command, doesn't really do
anything useful for an end user at all.  (It reconstructs the file
versions and writes their data into the db, but it doesn't actually
construct any monotone history connecting them!)

Try running 'monotone cvs_import cv' (note, on the directory, not the
file) and see if that works?

So let us espouse a less contested notion of truth and falsehood, even
if it is philosophically debatable (if we listen to philosophers, we
must debate everything, and there would be no end to the discussion).
  -- Serendipities, Umberto Eco