[Monotone-devel] Monotone Patch

From: Matthew A. Nicholson
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Monotone Patch
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 08:46:54 -0600

Monotone contains a diff command. Should it contain a patch command as well? The reason I suggest this is because if you have a diff that monotone has generated, and it contains information about file renames (which I think diffs can support). patch applies the patch and renames the files, monotone is not notified of the renames and will then make you rename all the files then commit.

If there was a monotone patch command, it could handle all of the renaming and stuff on it's own. Just wanted to get some thoughts on this.
--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Matt-Land.com