[Monotone-devel] Problems with net.venge.monotone.cvssync when pulling f

From: Daniel THOMPSON
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Problems with net.venge.monotone.cvssync when pulling from sourceforge
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 08:48:51 +0000

Hi Folks

I am having a play with the cvssync branch (pulled yesterday at approx
23:00 GMT) since it sounds like a really elegant way to interact with
'legacy' source control systems and makes private branches so easy.

Unfortunately I have been unable to perform the initial pull from the
sourceforge CVS servers. I used the following command to populate a
clean database (db init; genkey):
starfish$ monotone --branch=org.gc-linux.linux --db=gc-linux.db
cvs_pull :pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gc-linux linux
enter passphrase for key ID address@hidden:
monotone: bytes in | bytes out
monotone:     2917 |       651 |       0 |        0 0
monotone: warning: absolute pathname `/Documentation' illegal for server
monotone: warning: trying to reconnect, perhaps the server is confused
monotone: bytes in | bytes out |   edges | file ids
monotone:      589 |       615 |       0 |        0
monotone: error: log failed
Does anyone recognise the above errors? Are there more useful
diagnostics I can produce?

--
Daniel Thompson (STMicroelectronics) <address@hidden>
1000 Aztec West, Almondsbury, Bristol, BS32 4SQ. 01454 462659

If a car is a horseless carriage then is a motorcycle a horseless horse?