[Monotone-devel] Monotone merge support for external tools

From: Tom Koelman
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Monotone merge support for external tools
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:26:48 +0100

Hi,

the merge2 and merge3 hooks currently only provide path and file
content information. Wouldn't it be nice if they also provided
revision id and file ids? An external merge tool that would want to
provide support for monotone would then be able to access the
certificates of the files to be merged, thus being able to tell a user
which file is which (personally, I always get confused about this).

I did take a look at the source code, but I see implementing this is
not entirely trivial. Would it be acceptable to add revision
information to the merge_provider class to achieve this? Otherwise we
don't have the information at hand when we would want to pass it to
the hooks.

Regards,
Tom Koelman