Re: [Monotone-devel] I wouldn't release 0.24 just now!

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] I wouldn't release 0.24 just now!
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 22:58:48 -0800

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 06:49:19AM +0100, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
> I've just been running the test suite over the night, and there seems
> to be some memory violation error in some (random?) cases.  This is
> with a very updated Debian [unstable], so it might not be monotone's
> fault at all, but I think it's worth investigating before releasing.
> I'm prepared to spend some time tonight doing that.

Thanks.  Release isn't happening today anyway, I need to grade term
papers for tomorrow :-).

BTW, don't get confused by segfaults in the netsync regression test
logs; we use kill -SEGV to stop the server, because it gives a cleaner
result for things like coverage tools that need to hook in to process
teardown.  Actually, it's possible we could just use SIGINT for this,
since Matt added a handler for it.

"But in Middle-earth, the distinct accusative case disappeared from
the speech of the Noldor (such things happen when you are busy
fighting Orcs, Balrogs, and Dragons)."

This email may be read aloud.