[Monotone-devel] problem upgrading to 0.24

From: Howard Spindel
Subject: [Monotone-devel] problem upgrading to 0.24
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:14:13 -0800

I have two monotone databases.

I performed "monotone db migrate" successfully on the first one, and a key was stored in the new Windows location.

I then attempted "monotone db migrate" on the second database and got the following error:

monotone: error: Cannot store key 'address@hidden'; a different key by that name exists.

Apparently I had different keys in the two databases and that worked because the key traveled with the database. Now that it's moved to a fixed location it collides.

What is the recommended procedure to fix this?

Thank you,
Howard