[Monotone-devel] Re: Multiple private keys in 0.24

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Multiple private keys in 0.24
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 23:00:29 +0000

"John W. Terrell" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all, I've seen prior posts about multiple private key handling issues
> with the way 0.24 now handles them and I wonder if it might be a
> solution to have each database have a var that indicates what the
> current "private" key is.   I check into multiple databases using
> different private keys (different email addresses - this is by design)
> and it's a bit of a pain to have to specify the -k switch now when I'm
> commiting/syncing, etc.   This database var would only have the current
> private key's ID (not the private key itself) so I wouldn't think
> there'd be any security issues (I could be wrong).

Currently you can put a key id into the MT/options file in a working
copy.  I'm not sure if that's documented, but it's been mentioned on
the mailing list several times.

You can also define a get_branch_key hook, which gives a key to be
used for a given branch.

Aren't those better than having it in a database?