Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone log data issue

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone log data issue
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 13:51:13 -0800

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 02:33:53PM -0500, David Hoke wrote:
>    The following appears to correctly add files, but incorrectly log exactly
>    what was done.  (I edited the original "junk*.txt" files, but the echo's
>    should produce functional equivalents.  Also my specific identifying
>    information has been hand-edited.)

Hrm, everything here looks fine to me... can you give more details on
what you expected to have happen, but didn't?

>    =======================================================================
>    >monotone add junk*
>    monotone: adding sub1/junk1.txt to working copy add set
>    monotone: adding sub1/junk2.txt to working copy add set
>    monotone: skipping ignorable file sub1/junk2.txt~

monotone adds junk1.txt and junk2.txt, but not junk2.txt~, because
it knows its an editor backup file.

>    >monotone log
>    -----------------------------------------------------------------
>    Revision: c1e707676d24ae9bd93c95c6ca608aefb731feb1
>    Ancestor:
>    Author: address@hidden
>    Date: 2005-12-06T19:03:21
>    Branch: com.somedomain.basebranch
>
>    Added files:
>            sub1/junk1.txt sub1/junk2.txt

log reports that junk1.txt and junk2.txt were added, but junk2.txt~
was not, just like monotone said above.

>    >monotone list known
>    sub1/junk1.txt
>    sub1/junk2.txt

And since they've been added, they're now known.

Sentience can be such a burden.