Re: [Monotone-devel] user expirience (speed issue)

From: Matthew Gregan
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] user expirience (speed issue)
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 12:32:34 +1300

At 2005-12-06T11:58:49+0100, Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
> Now, if you want to try, you might pull my 'org.postgresql' branch from
> my server at 213.133.111.57. But this takes terribly long (more than a
> few hours). Other branches like org.postgresql.REL8_0_STABLE or so take
> just some minutes, that's fine.

I wonder if the tables used by the query optimizer are out of date after the
cvs_import...

Try running 'monotone db execute "analyze;"' on your monotone databases,
then retry the pull.  This won't have much effect on the initial pull, but
the subsequent pulls may be somewhat faster.

Cheers,
-mjg
--
Matthew Gregan                     |/