[Monotone-devel] monotone-server Debian Package

From: Matthew A. Nicholson
Subject: [Monotone-devel] monotone-server Debian Package
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 03:49:05 -0600

Ok. I think I am pretty much finished with my monotone-server debian package. This package handles the creation and management of a db and private key set for a server. It also contains init scripts to run a monotone server in debian. On upgrades the package will attempt to automatically do a db migrate if necessary.

To get the goods pull net.venge.monotone.debian from matt-land.com. You can build a package by running the following commands:

AUTOMAKE=automake-1.7 ACLOCAL=aclocal-1.7 autoreconf --install
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc

In addition to the build-deps you will need autoconf, automake1.7, and fakeroot to build the package. Once built the monotone-server package can be installed.

The package will only prompt you to enter a key name for your monotone server if you have your debconf priority set to low, otherwise it will use address@hidden and generate a passphrase for you which will be stored in /etc/monotone/passphrases. This can be changed before the final cut if people think this to be important (it may need to be medium).
--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Matt-Land.com