Re: [Monotone-devel] rosters status update

From: Jon Bright
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] rosters status update
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 20:12:30 +0100

Nathaniel Smith wrote:

roster-enabled monotone for development.  You probably _won't_ want to
upgrade to this.  We will warn strenously against it in the release
notes.  (Of course, some of you probably will anyway, bless your
hearts.)  After a month or so of daily use, we will presumably have
the main issues shaken out, and roll another release, that we will
actually people upgrade to.

To avoid confusing anyone just coming to monotone, or people who don't follow monotone development that closely (they're just using it because the project that they work on happens to use it, or whatever), could I suggest using a noticeably different version number for the don't-upgrade release? 0.25 would look like a normal change for someone not following the list. 0.25.dontupgrade or something?

Alternatively, maybe just don't advertise that there's a new version at all (on the website, at least).

Of course, you may already have such a plan.

--
Jon