Re: [Monotone-devel] cvs_import rewrite

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] cvs_import rewrite
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 12:53:23 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:53:10 -0800, Nathaniel Smith
<address@hidden> said:

njs> On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 12:06:37PM +0100, Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
njs> > I have been looking at cvsps, which can extract patchsets from cvs
njs> > repositories. Unfortunately, it fails in case of inconsistent CVS
njs> > repositories (i.e. the PostgreSQL cvs repo).
njs>
njs> Yeah, the rumors are basically that the only actually correct tools
njs> for cvs importing are:
njs>   -- cvs2svn
njs>   -- monotone's cvs_import (but it doesn't link up branches)
njs>   -- Canonical's internal, secret tool

Hmm, does anyone have an opinion on git-cvs (the cvs importing tool
for git)?  Since git has (or had?) some similarities with monotone, it
might be something to look at more closely...

Either way, inconsistent CVS repositories is a real PITA, and there's
a lot of different thoughts on how to handle them.  I know no tool
that handles those perfectly.

Cheers,
Richard

-----