[Monotone-devel] monotone bug: wrong confdir handling with v0.24 and Cze

From: peters
Subject: [Monotone-devel] monotone bug: wrong confdir handling with v0.24 and Czech WinXP
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 15:42:25 +0100

Hi,

I've found a strange behaviour in monotone v0.24. The confdir is set to:

'C:/Documents and Settings/Petr Honzik/Data aplikacĂ­/monotone/monotonerc'

(WinXP, Czech version, SP2). Unfortunately, monotone is not able to work with this confdir and fails with the following message:

monotone: error: failed to convert string from UTF-8 to ASCII: 'C:/Documents and
Settings/Petr Honzik/Data aplikacÝ/monotone/monotonerc'

If I use --confdir=c:\home\.monotone, everything works ok.

If you need more info, just let me know.

Regards,

Peters