Re: [Monotone-devel] can't sync anymore!!!!

From: Faré
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] can't sync anymore!!!!
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 10:53:41 -0500

On 03/01/06, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <address@hidden> wrote:
> fahree>   monotone serve localhost:12345 '*'
>
> ] $ monotone serve --help
> ]   --bind=STRING          address:port to listen on (default :5253)
> ]      serve PATTERN ...
> ]        serve the branches specified by PATTERNs to connecting clients
>
> Note the --bind option.  Congrats, you just served the patterns
> 'localhost:12345' and '*' :-).

Oh, so the interface has changed and I didn't notice! Hum. I see now
there was a short note in UPDATE. Maybe it should be more prominent.
And/or monotone could have a --checkversion argument that will display
prominent warning/error if the API has changed since given version.

API changes are a pain in the butt, and if you can't keep backward
compatibility, I think you should at least provide a way to
automatically detect potential discrepancy.

Thanks for the fix!

Minix vs Linux flamefest summary:
minix is teaching tool, while linux is a learning tool.