Re: [Monotone-devel] 'monotone log' gives, eh, interesting results...

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] 'monotone log' gives, eh, interesting results...
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 01:02:39 +0100 (CET)

Thinking more about it, and discussing it on IRC, I'm now wondering
what the reasoning behind making log skip merges by default was.

It seems to me like the benefit for users isn't that great and, as
shown in my previous message, can be a bit confusing.  It seems to me
that this change really benefits scripts like ciabot_monotone.py and
the like (maybe even monotone-notify.pl, although I'm dubious about
that), and that the fix to skip merges needs to be in those scripts
rather than in monotone itself.  Such a fix shouldn't be very hard...

Comments?

Cheers,
Richard

-----