Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone server unreachable

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone server unreachable
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 00:53:15 -0800

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 10:50:09AM +0300, Petr Ovtchenkov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I can't pull from venge.net server more, host unreachable.
> The web server work fine (but reply come from off.net, while
> request was to www.venge.net).

venge.net and off.net are the same box.

> > telnet www.venge.net 5253
> Trying 66.96.28.3...
> telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host

We're not on port 5253 anymore; you're getting that funny response
because that port is firewalled now.

We moved to port 4691 (our officially assigned IANA port); at the same
time, we rebuilt our history, and upgraded to a new version of
netsync.  You'll need a newer version of monotone to continue
following the venge.net server:
  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.monotone.devel/5647

"Of course, the entire effort is to put oneself
 Outside the ordinary range
 Of what are called statistics."
  -- Stephan Spender