Re: [Monotone-devel] Using binary database for 0.26?

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Using binary database for 0.26?
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:27:29 -0800

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 10:12:37AM +0100, Christof Petig wrote:
> I waited the weekend for you to comment on my recently finished
> sqlite3.binary port to 0.26.
>
> How do you feel about using it in mainline? It is ready AFAICT.
> - not for 0.26 we already changed enough?
> - directly after 0.26 is released?
> - the user has to migrate anyway, lets use it
> - after I took a more close look ...

Door D, I guess -- I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but it's
definitely on my list to do so.  Actually, I must have read your last
message too quickly; I hadn't gotten that it was actually ready to
merge; I'll try to get to it soon.  (Unfortunately, I'm busy most of
today; I'll see what I can do.)

I could see going either way WRT 0.26, really, depends on how risky
it looks to people; certainly it should be possible to get it merged
right after 0.26, at worst.

So let us espouse a less contested notion of truth and falsehood, even
if it is philosophically debatable (if we listen to philosophers, we
must debate everything, and there would be no end to the discussion).
  -- Serendipities, Umberto Eco