[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Monotone-devel] [PATCH] New typesafe VA_ARGS replacement for databa
Re: [Monotone-devel] [PATCH] New typesafe VA_ARGS replacement for database with operator % style
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:14:54 +0100
Mail/News 1.5 (X11/20060119)
Vinzenz 'evilissimo' Feenstra wrote:
> Christof Petig schrieb:
>> I will do it right now, so don't bother to do it at the same time.
> Oh that's good. I was getting crazy while trying it *g*
Trying to resolve the conflicts was not easy (I knew what you did but my
std::vector change was quite invasive).
Actually the code got much simpler by a decent blob infrastructure being
present in monotone. So IIRC only some minor points remain:
- The dumping routine's callback is still difficult to understand. A
(future) rewrite can help here.
- There's no unzip (unpack without unbase64) database function
- I did not touch t_migrate_schema.at and I still think that's ok
(refering to Tims comment)
- Using blob access to results might pose a threat to platforms where
utf16 is used for text within sqlite. No I do not want to design a
scheme where the caller of fetch specifies whether there's text or blob
within a given result column. Perhaps asking sqlite for the result type
would be a good idea (like in the dump function). [I only suspect Win32
to maybe use utf16.]
- monotone still does not use affinities (sql column types)
- I removed unpack and unbase64 since they are no longer needed.
- I removed the needless WHERE conditions on schema migration
- Vinzenz removed the need for vector and the string inheritance
Description: OpenPGP digital signature