[Monotone-devel] Syncing databases without using a network?

From: Jeronimo Pellegrini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Syncing databases without using a network?
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:32:14 -0200

Hello.
I've been using monotone for several months now (and I'm quite happy
with it), and there's one thing that I would like to suggest:

Since I keep several copies of a database in different places (laptop,
desktop, USB stick, etc), I usually want to sync them -- but not
necessarily over a network. I don't know of any tool that would
sync two databases accessing the filesystem directly, and perhaps
it would be a nice thing to have shipped with monotone?
Something like:

monotone-sync databaseA.db databaseB.db

I thought that could also be useful to others...

Thanks,
J.