Re: [Monotone-devel] About how to work with translations...

From: Benoît Dejean
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] About how to work with translations...
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:52:55 +0100

Le jeudi 26 janvier 2006 à 21:04 +0100, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker a
écrit :
> I'm noticing that in the comments above each translation, there seem
> to be some disagreement if the paths should be something like this:
>
>    #: ../commands.cc:323
>
> or like this:
>
>    #: commands.cc:324
>
> I'm assuming that it all depends on how you update your
> po/monotone.pot or individual .po files.  Trouble is that because of
> that "disagreement", I continuously have to watch what I do every time
> I commit, and it's getting a bit tiresome being nervous that one of
> your .po files will slip through.

po files just don't work with diff/patch. Line numbers often changes.
Etc. That's why i'm upset when somebody commits fr.po ... cvs up messes
everything. At least, monotone detects a conflict but manual merge is
totally useless. So i just commit my current .po, then overwrite it with
the new .po during the merge, then revert to old, then commit. Nobody
but the translators should be allowed to commit .po.

Paths are not important. So don't bother about it. Keep translating
your .po. Use the same update script if you don't want to be annoyed by
path changes.

(Btw, maybe you should use more fuzzy strings. It's a good way to
incremental translation.)

--
GNOME http://www.gnomefr.org/
LibGTop http://directory.fsf.org/libgtop.html