[Monotone-devel] reiser for monotone?

From: hendrik
Subject: [Monotone-devel] reiser for monotone?
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 16:43:14 -0500

I've been looking at the reiser file system documentation recently, and
in particular, reiser4.  It seems that they have implemented an
object-oriented-like object store, with types and methods, and so forth,
and then built the Linux reiser4 file system on top of that.  It appears
to be amazingly efficient, especially for large numbers of small files,
and is able to guarantee atomicity of transactions for data (instead of
just metadata, as reiser 3 did).  It makes me wonder whether it would be
better to implement something like monotone on top of reiser4 instead of
SQLite.  I get the feeling it's good for systems that like to keep
complicated data structures on persistent storage.

Not for tomorow's release of monotone, obviously.

-- hendrik