Re: [Monotone-devel] Passphrase no more accepted?

From: Mustafa Yuecel
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Passphrase no more accepted?
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 02:16:03 +0100

Hi Dan

>>I written out the private key, delete db, use a snapshot db and update db.
>>Next
>>I readed back the private key.
>
> Could you provide a more specific description of exactly what you did?

'monotone --oe=/local/oe.db privkey address@hidden > privkey.txt'
'rm /local/oe.db' and download daily snapshot oe.db from web (& pull and update
it)
'monotone --oe=/local/oe.db read privkey.txt'

If I want to change the passphrase of the key ('monotone --debug chkeypass
address@hidden'), I get this debug messages:

monotone: Read key pair 'address@hidden' from key store.
monotone: base64-decoding 859-byte private key
monotone: loading lua hook persist_phrase_ok
monotone: lua: extracted bool = 1
enter passphrase for key ID address@hidden:
monotone: have 634-byte encrypted private key
monotone: loading lua hook persist_phrase_ok

and so on...

I missed here some 'incorrect passphrase' messages. Is that usual?

>>But if I have to enter the passphrase my password
>>will not be accepted ("failed to decrypt private RSA key, probably incorrect
>>passphrase"). I am *mostly* sure that the password is correct. Is there a
>>possibility that the password is correct, but failed somewhere else?
>>Im using monotone 0.25.
>
> Were you using 0.25 through the whole time, or were some of the
> earlier steps done with an older monotone?

I guess I was using 0.22 or 0.23 first (public/private key generation and export
with pubkey/privkey).

Thanks for your help.
Musti