[Monotone-devel] another sort of interoperation...

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: [Monotone-devel] another sort of interoperation...
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 23:21:59 -0800

In this issue of your monotone electronic newsletter, we direct your
intention to an innocent looking file named "server.pl", available by
running
  git clone http://mirrors.catalyst.net.nz/git/gitcvs.git/
on your internet-enabled posixish box.

With this script, you can use a standard cvs client to do checkouts
_and commits_ against a git repository.

There's no license there yet, but I'm told by one of the authors that
they've just (like, 10 minutes ago or something) been told they can
GPL it.

If anyone wants to exercise their perl chops, this would be awesome to
port to monotone :-).

(One-upping them by teaching 'monotone serve' to run netsync on one
port and pserver on another is left as an exercise for the reader.)

"But in Middle-earth, the distinct accusative case disappeared from
the speech of the Noldor (such things happen when you are busy
fighting Orcs, Balrogs, and Dragons)."