Re: [Monotone-devel] possible security hole

From: Julio M. Merino Vidal
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] possible security hole
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 14:20:58 +0100

On Saturday 04 March 2006 10:15, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> Could someone with access to both unix and win32 monotone's try:
>   -- on unix, checking in a tree containing a file named "mt/foo"
>   -- on windows, checking out this tree, and reporting on what
>      happens?  Especially, whether the file mt/foo ends up in MT/?

I tried with monotone 0.25, checking in the file under NetBSD and checking
it out from OS X using HFS+, which is also case insensitive.  And yes,
mt/foo ended up inside MT/foo...  (I can't test 0.26, unfortunately.)

Oh, BTW, OS X was unable to directly use the .db file I created under
NetBSD.  I recall that this was discussed recently (whether the .db files
were portable across systems or not).

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <address@hidden>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/