[Monotone-devel] Re: Getting tags in one branch

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Getting tags in one branch
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:27:31 +0100

Jeronimo Pellegrini <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> This can be probably be solved by using the branch name in the tag,
> so I could use "mtn list tags | grep branch", but well, it seems
> that it would require more work for the most frequent usage (getting
> all tags in a branch) than for the les frequent (getting all tags in
> the database).

Hmm, I guess that's quite a useful operation.  You can get related
things.  I think this gives you revisions on a branch with a tag:

         mtn automate select b:branch-1/t:\*

(quoting * just to prevent expansion by the shell)

If there were a neat way to get a tag value from a revision, then you
could pipe the above into it.  Or, more likely, do something like:

      mtn get_cert tag b:branch-1/t:\*

"complete revision" with --verbose has almost enough to be useful in
this context: if it showed tags (if there were any), then having it
just as a command to show info about revisions (given a selector)
might be useful.  I'm not sure what one would call it.