[Monotone-devel] changes to make rosterify nicer?

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: [Monotone-devel] changes to make rosterify nicer?
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 01:15:45 -0700

There was some interest a few weeks ago in making rosterify a bit
nicer, in particular:
  -- converting revids that occurred in certs
  -- providing some sort of record of the mapping between old and new
     certs
  -- (didn't come up before, but still useful) perhaps providing some
     sort of dump of all certs that were migrated
With the idea that the first would be useful for keeping these certs
useful, and the latter two being useful for things like translating
other mentions of revids, or making it much much easier and more
reliable to rosterify private branches.

Haven't heard anything since, and now that we're supposedly back on
the 1 month release cycle, 0.27 should be coming up in a bit over a
week -- so now would be a good time, if anyone actually cares about
this feature :-).

When the flush of a new-born sun fell first on Eden's green and gold,
Our father Adam sat under the Tree and scratched with a stick in the mould;
And the first rude sketch that the world had seen was joy to his mighty heart,
Till the Devil whispered behind the leaves, "It's pretty, but is it Art?"
  -- The Conundrum of the Workshops, Rudyard Kipling