Re: [Monotone-devel] [monotone 0.26] testsuite: 25 35 173 181 221 222 26

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [monotone 0.26] testsuite: 25 35 173 181 221 222 265 276 failed
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 23:55:25 -0700

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 03:30:03PM -0500, Kelly F. Hickel wrote:
>    Just happened upon the project, downloaded v0.26 installed it and did a
>    make check, it asked me to send this info, so here you go!  This is on a
>    Centos 4.3 machine.

Looks like you ran the testsuite as root, which aside from not being
the _best_ idea in the world, causes some issues.  (E.g., it makes it
a little hard on the test that checks that we give reasonable error
messages when we don't have permissions to write to particular files.)

Try running it not as root :-)

"...All of this suggests that if we wished to find a modern-day model
for British and American speech of the late eighteenth century, we could
probably do no better than Yosemite Sam."