Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone network failure.

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone network failure.
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 13:19:49 -0700

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 05:56:25PM +0530, address@hidden wrote:
>       I installed Monotone in two system named Linux66 as server and
> Linux67 as client.If I try to sync from Linux67(client) to Linux66
> (server), I am getting
>

> mtn: connecting to Linux66
> mtn: network error: failed to connect: No route to host
>
> May I know what was the reason  behind this.

This indicates some sort of problem or misconfiguration with your
network or operating system.  Monotone doesn't make up network error
messages like that; it's just passing on what the operating system
told it.  So, I have no idea, sorry.

P.S.: Next time could you just send 1 message to monotone-devel,
rather than two almost identical ones to monotone-devel and one to
monotone-announce?

So let us espouse a less contested notion of truth and falsehood, even
if it is philosophically debatable (if we listen to philosophers, we
must debate everything, and there would be no end to the discussion).
  -- Serendipities, Umberto Eco