[Monotone-devel] Re: RFC: new monotone logo

From: Graydon Hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: RFC: new monotone logo
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 02:20:54 -0700

Thomas Keller wrote:

Check: http://thomaskeller.biz/stuff

I actually rather like the existing logo, and have no real desire to change it, except that I found out that we really ought to purge ourselves of the existing one since it's derived from an image we don't hold a license for. So I've updated it to a new rat, roughly the same look as the old one, only this one *is* publicly licensed (and, I think, rather cuter).

Goodness, what a world we live in where this sort of thing matters!

-graydon

(fwiw, her name was "Alex". I didn't name her, the fellow who took the picture did. Surprisingly enough, Alex was a local from the town I live in currently. And she has already participated in some data-intensive applications: http://mkweb.bcgsc.ca/rat/images/raton3700/)