Re: [Monotone-devel] 2 explicit merges which are the same, apart from de

From: Marcel van der Boom
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] 2 explicit merges which are the same, apart from destination branch => invariant violation
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 14:19:00 +0200

On 5 jun 2006, at 13:48, Daniel Carosone wrote:

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 11:49:36AM +0200, Marcel van der Boom wrote:
I assume it tries to create the same a3a93... rev.

Couldn't monotone recognize "oh, it's already there, lets put the
cert on it then" or am I doing something wrong?

It could, and there may still be an issue here, but you are also
missing another way of doing this that's staring you in the face.

You're trying to create the same revision twice, and you already know
it will produce the same revision because it has identical contents
and identical ancestry.
True, and doing this manually gives (me) a sufficient hint to do it manually, after the error. It becomes more hairy when this runs from a script.

Leaving aside the error handling, there's no need to do the merge
twice - all you need to do is give the first merge result the two
branch certs, one in the merge and the other with an approve right
after.
True, but why? mtn can do that for me, or tell me to do it. It doesnt have to error out with a 'this is a bug' kinda thing, no?

marcel

--
Marcel van der Boom
HS-Development BV               --   http://www.hsdev.com