Re: [Monotone-devel] Removing a revision from a branch

From: Shaun Jackman
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Removing a revision from a branch
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 10:40:27 -0600

On 6/8/06, Chad Walstrom <address@hidden> wrote:
"Shaun Jackman" <address@hidden>  wrote:
> I don't know how it happened, but apparently I accidentally added a
> revision to  a branch to which it does not belong. How do I remove
> the revision from the branch? Is there a command to remove a
> specified cert?

Yes.  As long as the change has not propagated to other databases via
synchronization, you can:

        $ mtn -d DATABASEPATH db kill_rev_locally REVISION

I didn't explain my problem correctly. The revision is good, and I do
want it to exist, but it accidentally has two `branch' certs and two
`date' certs. One is for the branch is should be in, and I have no
idea where the other came from. I'd like to remove the spurious branch
cert. This error hasn't made it into any other databases.

I suppose want I want is a `db kill_cert_locally' command. Would the
cert be specified by revision/name/value?

The output of `ls certs' showing my problem follows.

Cheers,
Shaun

$ mtn ls certs e529
mtn: expanded selector 'e529' -> 'i:e529'
mtn: expanding selection 'e529'
mtn: expanded to 'e529f44eef1fc60ef5e66cbe545ec43513222970'
Key   : address@hidden
Sig   : ok
Name  : author
Value : Shaun Jackman <address@hidden>