[Monotone-devel] Re: public information currency issuance available at i

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: public information currency issuance available at ic.infoeng.org:38443
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:47:35 +0100

"J. Patrick Bedell" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Would you be willing to package 3 days worth of icsvn ic and send
> them to me at address@hidden  I could potentially exchange
> that generated ic for transfers over paypal.com in SEK, USD, or EUR,
> at a rate over time that is dependent on the inflation inherent in
> monetary systems.

What are you going to buy with this ic?

I can imagine some uses which monotone might possibly support:

 1. use of the server or servers (charging by amount read, or by
    amount stored; a bit trickier than with subversion, since
    monotone's normally replicated)

 2. access to valuable information (some kind of automatic licensing
    of source code)

 3. specific features: you submit a test and some ic, and the server
    releases the ic to whoever can make the test pass

Are those the kinds of things you're envisaging, or am I entirely
misunderstanding?

[...]