[Monotone-devel] Usher documentation patch

From: Marcel van der Boom
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Usher documentation patch
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 19:35:27 +0200

We (xaraya) recently started using usher, from the net.venge.contrib.usher branch.

We deployed it because we have multiple databases in use to separate our core, modules, themes and languages respectively. These database were served on different ports and usher looked like an attractive option to solve:

1. handling requests where people accidently forgot to specify the right port name, leading to revisions ending up in the wrong database 2. allowing to serve the databases on different machines while keeping the interface for users the same 3. early bail-out for 'wrong' branchnames (we use a pretty strict prefix policy for branches and feature branches)
4. easier firewall management.

Items 1., 3. and 4. are in place for us now, i couldnt get the second to work. While deploying i updated the usher.txt (README) file. Patch attached. The changes in server.cc and server_manager.cc are specific to us, so probably not to be committed.

marcel

Marcel van der Boom
HS-Development BV               --   http://www.hsdev.com
So! webapplicatie framework  --   http://make-it-so.info