[Monotone-devel] Re: interest in cygwin monotone-viz binaries for 0.27?

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: interest in cygwin monotone-viz binaries for 0.27?
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 00:24:09 +0200

Shawn Samuel wrote:
> I took a look and don't think I'll mind maintaining an official
> cygwin package.

No problems with that.
Do you want to create a package "installable with setup.exe" (even of
not official) or not a package at all?
(let me specify again I'm not *asking* for you (nor anyone) to do it,
just inquiring if you knew the option existed ^_^)

> However, I have one main question that the Cygwin Package
> Contributor's Guide didn't answer for me:
>
> How do you require dependencies on older versions of a package?

Simply put, I don't think you can specify the version, just the
package name.
But it never happened to be needed to me, so I never asked about it,
if you want to "just be sure" I'd suggest asking in address@hidden,
someone will give you a "sure" answer in no time (usually).

> The current build of cygwin dot.exe (graphviz, which monotone-viz
> needs for graphing) requires libltdl-3 version 1.5.20-2, which is
> the older of the two versions you can currently pick from
> setup.exe.

"Requires" as in "it doesn't work with newer version"?

BTW: I know pretty much nothing about graphviz internals (I just used
it once, pre-compiled, and never had the need again...) but there is
someone who seem to have done most of the "packaging" work already,
but as far as I can tell from that thread, it never finished it
"properly enough" to be an official package.
http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-apps/2005-10/msg00230.html
You may want to contact him to ask for the status of his work

- --
Lapo Luchini
address@hidden (OpenPGP & X.509)
www.lapo.it (Jabber, ICQ, MSN)