Re: [Monotone-devel] About tagging via crontab

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] About tagging via crontab
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 00:56:30 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:43:03 -0500, Venkatesh
Prasad Ranganath <address@hidden> said:

vranganath>
vranganath> On Jun 23, 2006, at 2:47 PM, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
vranganath>
vranganath> > In message <address@hidden> on Fri,
vranganath> > 23 Jun 2006 13:38:19 -0500, Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath
vranganath> > <address@hidden> said:
vranganath> >
vranganath> > vranganath> (cd /tmp/monotone_repo/; mtn tag `cat _MTN/revision`
vranganath> > $TAG_DATE)
vranganath> > vranganath>
vranganath> > vranganath> However, this command execution results in the
vranganath> > following message.
vranganath> > vranganath>
vranganath> > vranganath> mtn: misuse: monotone tag doesn't use the option
--execute
vranganath> > vranganath>
vranganath> > vranganath> TAG_DATE is set to D`date +%F | sed -e "s/-/_/g"` via
the
vranganath> > vranganath> bash export command.
vranganath> >
vranganath> > Uhmmm, what happens when you do this:
vranganath> >
vranganath> >     echo $TAG_DATE
vranganath> >
vranganath> > Did you get what you expected?
vranganath>
vranganath> Yes.  The same tag works with cvs (in a successive cron job).

You know, the only thing that worries me is that monotone uses -e as a
short variant of --execute.  The only place where I see -e is in you
sed expression, so I'm wondering what you expected to get from echo
$TAG_DATE.  Me, I would expect to get something like 'D2006_06-24',
and I don't see how monotone could think that's even close to -e or
--execute...

Cheers,
Richard

-----