[Monotone-devel] Re: Random thoughts on branches

From: Graydon Hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Random thoughts on branches
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 16:06:08 -0700

Derek Scherger wrote:

In svn, for example, branches have a lifetime like any other node in the
tree (since they are represented as tree nodes) which makes it possible
to create a branch, work on it for a while and then delete it when
you're done.

Thoughts?

Yeah, certainly I've been thinking (and I suspect njs is too) that the "policy branch" stuff will include branch lifecycle states, so that you can put to rest dormant branches.

Yet Another Lame Excuse For Action. Feel free to actually start implementing policy branches, even in a very minimal form; I can't promise when I'll have time :(

-graydon