Re: [Monotone-devel] New project: libmtn

From: Justin Patrin
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] New project: libmtn
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:01:43 -0700

On 6/29/06, Arseny Nasokin <address@hidden> wrote:
Monotone is good, but buggy :(

I have started project of recomposition monotone from one big monotone
commandline-oriented executable into monotone library (it can be static),
commandline utility, and possibly network service. And work plan for me and my
programmers group had created also. First versions I plan deploy at my site
next month.

Site and Wiki for project will be designed at monday.

Some reasons to start the project:

- Extreme programming will produse more stable code:
        network communication, command line and database communication - three
logically different tasks, which should be designed separatly
- one library - many frontends (for example, GUIs or bindings for other langs)
- one library - many backends:
        what about PostgreSQL or Oracle, not only SqlLite 3 as now?
- new development will be faster.

I will let the developers comment specifically on development, but I
thought I'd point out that "monototn automate" is meant to be a
scriptable interface for other frontends (such as monoclipse).

--
Justin Patrin