Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: New project: libmtn

From: Arseny Nasokin
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: New project: libmtn
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 02:32:02 +0400

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 11:01:33PM +0100, Bruce Stephens wrote:
> Arseny Nasokin <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Monotone is good, but buggy :(
>
> It is??
>
> Seems unusually low in bugs to me.

yes, on small projects. But does you try commit into it FreeBSD CVS mirror?!
(there about 3GB of CVS, without mails, gnats and www)

> [...]
>
> > - one library - many backends:
> >     what about PostgreSQL or Oracle, not only SqlLite 3 as now?
>
> What benefit would have that?  (This has been discussed before---some
> time ago, but I doubt things have changed that much.  Come to think of
> it, one thing that *has* changed a bit is the realisation that hg is
> so much faster (at least at some things)---using a network database
> seems unlikely to help.)

monotone very dislike lock-wating.

Example:
 you open net service.
 you checkout from same file on same machine.
 you try _sync_ with _network_ service, which uses _same_ file.

as result you get crearly closed network service(mtn pidfile removed) and no
syncing.

AFAIK, SqlLite3 is good for small projects only :(
--
   Best regards,
        Arseny Nasokin