Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: FAQ on wiki

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: FAQ on wiki
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 01:03:04 -0700

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 09:47:57AM +0200, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
> In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 13 Jul 2006 00:32:13 -0700, Nathaniel
> Smith <address@hidden> said:
>
> njs> Oh, good point, I understand the whole "ssh into venge.net and run
> njs> emacs on the html files in the webroot" thing is a little low tech by
> njs> the standards of kids today.
> njs>
> njs> Any volunteers to write the little scripts to automatically update the
> njs> website out of a monotone branch?
>
> Do you want it done by crontab or through note_netsync_end()?

Crontab, I'd think, or even a 'while sleep 600; ...' script run under
daemontools supervision :-).  (This is how the CIA script works now,
to avoid crontab obnoxiousness.)  Rather not couple the server and
website that closely...

"Lull'd in the countless chambers of the brain,
Our thoughts are link'd by many a hidden chain:
Awake but one, and lo! what myriads rise!
Each stamps its image as the other flies"
  -- Ann Ward Radcliffe, The Mysteries of Udolpho