Re: [Monotone-devel] Extending "automate stdio"

From: Matthew Gregan
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Extending "automate stdio"
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 00:02:57 +1200

At 2006-07-16T14:11:11-0500, Timothy Brownawell wrote:
> I'm thinking that landing nvm.experiment.boost-program-options would make
> the options part easier; what's the status of that branch?

I'm not sure if anyone has reviewed it, so it would be good to get some
feedback if you have time to look at it.  It's certainly not ready to land
as is, and I had meant to get back to it but just haven't had time for it
(or monotone development in general) recently. :-/

As for the state of it, it mostly works now.  -@/--xargs handling isn't
implemented yet, and a bunch of tests failing due to differences in argument
parsing between popt and the current approach with boost::program_options
(which tends to be stricter about option ordering, and handling of repeated
options).

I may have tried to be too "clever" in places, too... :-) For example,
rather than using integers to identify options (ala OPT_FOO in our existing
code), I tried to use the program_options::option objects themselves.  In
retrospect I'm not sure it was a good idea, because it made handling
ownership a bit messy.

Cheers,
-mjg
--