[Monotone-devel] Re: URGENT: help needed - quick way to start project up

From: Graydon Hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: URGENT: help needed - quick way to start project up with monotone working on 2 newbies' machine?
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 17:48:11 -0700

alex ku wrote:

- I found Monotone, but got stuck at the point where I seemingly need to have a "server" setup.

If you can both access the same shared ssh account, perhaps you can use the new sync URI argument syntax:

  mtn sync ssh://our.shared.host.com/path/to/db.mtn com.us.somebranch

otherwise you might have to read the manual, or learn a bit about networking. I'm afraid there's no general set of instructions to make two arbitrary computers talk to each other. At least not yet; it depends what you share, what's in between you, etc.

-graydon