bug in 'mtn add' (was Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Scalability question)

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: bug in 'mtn add' (was Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Scalability question)
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 17:00:55 -0700

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 09:01:12PM +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:
> Jonathan S. Shapiro schreef:
>
> > Like monotone, OpenCM does not store entries for directories;
>
> AFAIK that's only true for .25 and earlier, .26 and beyond seem to store
>  entries for directories as well, since 'mkdir foo ; touch foo/bar ; mtn
> add foo/bar' errors out with 'foo' being unknown (*very* annoying).

That particular command sequence works fine for me with current
monotone; I can't quite tell from the thread here whether your issue
was actually resolved or not, though.  Are you now satisfied with 'mtn
add's behavior, or is there still some problem, and if so, could you
restate it?

The Universe may  /  Be as large as they say
But it wouldn't be missed  /  If it didn't exist.
  -- Piet Hein