Re: [Monotone-devel] tweaking ancestry after cvs_import

From: Tony Tung
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] tweaking ancestry after cvs_import
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 17:42:17 -0700

On Aug 4, 2006, at 5:08 PM, Nathaniel Smith wrote:

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 04:20:09PM -0500, Chad Walstrom wrote:
cvs_import is relatively simplistic on how it does things.  It's far
better to use something like tailor or the cvssync branch (which I
understand is going to a major overhaul) to have a more accurate
representation of the cvs tree.

Err... I'm pretty sure tailor doesn't support branches at all.
cvssync didn't use to, though I think there's some code in there for
it now... Christof would know better exactly what it can do wrt branch
reconstruction.

-- Nathaniel

Thanks to all of you for the tips. I'll take a look at the cvssync branch.

Any thoughts on how to indicate a branch collapse in the database? As I understand it, the predecessors' hash is part of the computation of the revision hash. That would mean that all successor hashes would need to be updated....

Tony