Re: [Monotone-devel] Branch Propagation

From: Justin Patrin
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Branch Propagation
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 07:42:18 -0700

On 8/10/06, Matthew Nicholson <address@hidden> wrote:
Matthew Nicholson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> It appears you can only propagate from the head of one single-headed
> branch to the head of another single-headed branch.  Is this an
> artificial restriction that monotone places or are there logical reasons
> other similar operations are not possible?
>
> I am interested in propagating from a tagged revision to the head of my
> current branch (mtn prop t:monotone-0.28 net.venge.monotone.debian).

If propagate can't do this (and it seems strange that it can't) try
using explicit_merge. A propagate is just a merge between 2 heads into
a speicifc branch.

Is this what mtn pluck is for?

No, pluck is for pulling changes from one specific revision (or
changes between two specific revisions) into another branch.

--
Justin Patrin