[Monotone-devel] dropping orphans automatically?

From: jack-monotone
Subject: [Monotone-devel] dropping orphans automatically?
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:59:56 -0700

Hello,

I'm using monotone with the following ancestry pattern:

a.b.c.SUB_1 merge_into_dir a.b.c.REL/1
a.b.c.SUB_2 merge_into_dir a.b.c.REL/2

And then I deliver 'a.b.c.REL'.

However, there are a few directories in SUB_1 and SUB_2 that I don't need /
want to deliver with REL. So I drop them in REL.

This gets annoying when the SUB_1 or SUB_2 developer adds files into one of the
directories that I dropped. When I propagate from that branch, I have to deal
with all of the orphans, because their parent directory has been dropped.

Is there any plans for a UI for dealing with these kind of merge conflicts?

    - a '--drop-orphans' flag to explicit_merge/propagate that automatically
      drops files that have had their parents dropped.

    - create a /lost+found directory, and put orphans there?

    - lua hooks?

Cheers,

--Jack

--
Jack (John) Cummings                           http://mudshark.org/
PGP fingerprint: F18B 13A3 6D06 D48A 598D  42EA 3D53 BDC8 7917 F802