Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: comments on net.venge.monotone.workspace-merge.

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: comments on net.venge.monotone.workspace-merge.migration
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 01:33:59 -0700

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 09:58:53AM +0200, Marcel van der Boom wrote:
> >That just means we should have a cleaner way to support this use case,
> >though.  To start with, what's wrong with 'diff -r <revision>'?  Would
> >it be useful to have 'status -r <revision>'?
> diff -r <revision>:
> nothing, i use it. In practice i think i just got into the habit of
> just doing mtn diff since the revision file had already the base rev ;-)
>
> status -r <revision>:
> thinking about it, this is propably the crux. this would be *very,
> very* useful.

Ah-hah.

> (although i saw that the output of this changed in .29
> to a more human oriented format?)

Yes.  Is that good or bad? :-)

When the flush of a new-born sun fell first on Eden's green and gold,
Our father Adam sat under the Tree and scratched with a stick in the mould;
And the first rude sketch that the world had seen was joy to his mighty heart,
Till the Devil whispered behind the leaves, "It's pretty, but is it Art?"
  -- The Conundrum of the Workshops, Rudyard Kipling