Re: [Monotone-devel] Problem with monotone 0.29

From: Justin Patrin
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Problem with monotone 0.29
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:00:42 -0700

On 8/24/06, Detlef Vollmann <address@hidden> wrote:

yesterday I built monotone 0.29 (with problems) and tried to

Well that's the first flag. What problems did you rbuild have?

use it to check out a head from the OpenEmbedded database.
It checked out quite a lot of stuff, and then seemingly
went into an endless loop: 100% CPU time and now more than
11 hours of CPU time, with no apparent action in the target

Well it should never take 11 hours, at least not with some useful
output. I'm using 0.29 just fine so I suspect there's something up
with your build.

What I did:
download and unzip a snapshot
$ mtn --db=/source/monotone/snapshot/ pull
mtn: successful exchange with
$ mtn --db=/source/monotone/snapshot/ checkout
mtn: branch has multiple heads:
mtn:   8ccc9ddeffbeea9f755fb4b0caf0a811f8221384 address@hidden
mtn:   c9f0e213d8e0fdc01e39c1d5ebd4f3e5de4db6b1 address@hidden
mtn: choose one with 'mtn checkout -r<id>'
mtn: error: branch has multiple heads

Then I did the pull again, and the checkout still had problems.
So I did:
$ mtn --db=/source/monotone/snapshot/ checkout

and this is the command that is still running (after checking out
about 140MB) ...

Detlef Vollmann   vollmann engineering gmbh
Linux and C++ for Embedded Systems
Linux for PXA270 Colibri module:

Monotone-devel mailing list

Justin Patrin