Re: [Monotone-devel] No branch for monotone-0.29?

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] No branch for monotone-0.29?
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:36:36 -0700

On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 03:15:14PM -0600, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> Not here. I haven't done anything strange, to my knowledge.
>
> $ mtn ls certs t:monotone-0.29 |grep branch |wc
> mtn: expanding selection 't:monotone-0.29'
> mtn: expanded to '796bc8596d6c5c68828fbfb6a620a09a3af15ded'
>      0       0       0

Your other post explains this :-).  Sometimes netsync will give you a
revision you didn't explicitly ask for (by mentioning its branch),
because some other revision that you did ask for depends on it.  In
such cases, it sends you the revision, but not the branch cert.
(We've gone back and forth on this behavior a few times; the question
is whether it's more annoying to get revisions missing branch certs,
or to end up with little partial branches you didn't ask for...)

If you pull any pattern that includes net.venge.monotone, you should
get this branch cert.

- Don't let your informants burn anything.
- Don't grow old.
- Be good grad students.
  -- advice of Murray B. Emeneau on the occasion of his 100th birthday