Re: [Monotone-devel] automate stdio, really

From: Jon Bright
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] automate stdio, really
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:32:37 +0200

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:

Isn't this going a bit far?  Soon, we will have automate commands for
all "normal" commands if we continue like this.  Isn't that getting a
bit ridiculous, not to mention the risks involved, like having to
update the same command in two places all the time?

I see the risks - but there certainly needs to be some scriptable way to do stuff like commit, add, remove, rename without starting a monotone process every time you need to perform an operation. Overall, I'm edging towards the making-every-command-available solution.

--
Jon Bright
Silicon Circus Ltd.