[Monotone-devel] .workspace-merge.migration merged to trunk

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: [Monotone-devel] .workspace-merge.migration merged to trunk
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 21:25:52 -0700

I've just merged the workspace-merge.migration branch to trunk.  This
does NOT mean we have workspace merge implemented; this branch is
entirely infrastructural.  Coding on workspace merge continues on
.workspace-merge.noconflict.

Landing this branch means that the bookkeeping directory format
changes; you'll get an error message if you use a snapshot monotone
with an old workspace, and have to run a migration command before
anything will work again.  See NEWS for details, and work_migration.cc
for internal details.

As discussed earlier, this change breaks scripts that mess with
_MTN/revision.  In the previous discussion, it sounded like most of
what people want from that could be had in a more structured way by
adding -rREV support to more commands, and possibly adding a special
"rebase" or "checkout --nofiles" command.  I haven't done these
things, but I'm happy to do those for which there is actual demand.
Note that if your script just *reads* _MTN/revision, you can use "mtn
automate get_base_revision_id" instead.

zw